Dress No 3AW Semi-Formal Summer (Officers)
- Dress No 3AW is not alternative office wear.
- Black handbag is optional for females.
Dress No 3AW Semi-Formal Summer
(WO's & Ratings)
- White tropical shirt.
- Medal Ribbons on left panel.
- Qualification badge on left panel
- Name plate on right panel.
- Proficiency badge on right panel.
- Affiliation badge on right panel.
- Rank insignia on shoulders.
- Males: White trousers.
- Females: White slacks/skirt.
- White belt.
- Junior Ratings (male): Black socks and shoes with white trousers.
- Officers, WOs, CPOs and POs: White socks and shoes.
- Females: Mexican Silver, Quick Silver or Blackmail stockings (for
females with dark complexions) or Grecian Honey or Beach Bronze (for females
with light complexions) with skirt or slacks when wearing court shoes.
- Junior Ratings (Female): Black socks and flat black shoes or court
shoes or above-mentioned colour stockings with flat black shoes.
- Officers, WOs, CPOs and POs Female): White court shoes or flat white
Dress No 3AW is Worn on the Following Occasions:
- Semi-formal functions onboard SA Navy ships.
- Semi-official receptions.
- Semi-formal luncheons.
- Arrival and departure of foreign visitors to and from Naval
- Liaison duties within the Naval environment.
- Diplomatic occasions, eg. Foreign exhibitions, seminars, etc.
- On order of the Officer Commanding or the Section Head.
- On the day of parade when dress 1AW or 2W is prescribed.