Dress No 1BW
- Cap/Tricorn with cap badge.
- White tunic.
- Name plate on right panel.
- Proficiency badge on right panel.
- Affiliation badge on right panel.
- Medals on left panel.
- Qualification badge on left panel.
- WOs, CPOs, POs and Junior Ratings: Rank insiginia on left sleeve.
- Junior Ratings: Mustering badge on right sleeve.
- Wos, CPOs, and Junior Ratings: Shoulder titles (South Africa) on top
- Males: White trousers
- Females: White slacks/skirt.
- White belt.
- Officers, WOs, CPOs and POs: White socks and flat white shoes.
- Junior Ratings (male): Black socks with white trousers and flat
- Females: Mexican Silver, Quick Silver or Blackmail stockings (for
females with dark complexions) or Grecian Honey or Beach Bronze (for females
with light complexions) with skirt or slacks when wearing court shoes.
- Junior Ratings (Female): Black socks, or above-mentioned colour
stockings, with flat black shoes or court shoes.
- Female Officers, WOs, CPOs and POs: White court shoes of flat white
- Officers: Rank insignia on shoulders.
Dress No 1BW is Worn on the Following Occasions
- Spectators at arrival and departure of Heads of State.
- Arrival and departure of other VIPs.
- Spectators at Courts of Military Appeal.
- Dedication and thanks giving services.
- Official photographs.