What is required before applying?
Anyone applying for the above mentioned functional areas must:
South African citizen'
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be between the age of 18 and 22 (graduates up to the
age of 26)
- Have completed the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Preferably be single
- Not be area bound
- Have no record of a criminal offence
- Comply with the medical fitness requirements for
appointment in the SANDF.
- Divers: Due to the requirements of this occupation,
applicants must have no physical disabilities and not suffer
from claustrophobia or a fear of heights. Applicants should be
strong swimmers with a flair for general water activities.
- MRS: Applicants must first successfully complete the
Military Skills Development programme.
- Combat Officers and Student Naval Technical Officers:
Applicants must have Mathematics, Physical Science at level 4
and Matric exemption.
In addition to the above mentioned MSD career information
provided, applicants up to the age of 26 who are in possession of an
appropriate recognised University Degree or a 3-year Diploma or N4,
N5 and N6 Certificate in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering are
welcome to apply.
A Candidate Diver stretches out his hand for his team member to tag
Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012)
339 4252 or (012) 339 4421.
Mail: Navy Headquarters, Department of Defence,
Private Bag X 104, Pretoria, 0001, Recruitment Section